Sunday, October 11, 2009

Garden Lasagna

I haven't made lasagna much, but this one was great! My husband had 3 helpings :)

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
2 cloves garlic
drizzle olive olive oil
1 12 oz. can stewed tomatoes
2 small zucchini
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups spinach
1/4 cup fresh basil (I used the basil from our garden)
no-bake lasagna noodles
mozzerella, cut into 1/4 in slices (about 20 slices)
pasta sauce (I used classico organic, probably my favorite)
1/8 c. parmesan (I used shaved parmesan because I like how it looks!)

Preheat oven to 375

Drizzle olive oil in a pan and add garlic. Cook for a couple minutes, then add beef. Cook until brown. Add tomatoes and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes. Add spinach and basil. cook another 5 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates. As you can tell from the picture, I kept the zucchini tfrom getting too cooked because it cooked when in the oven.


Coat bottom of a square baking dish with pasta sauce and cover with lasagna noodles. cover noodles with a layer of meat mixture, sauce, then a layer of the mozzerella slices. Repeat with noodles, meat, sauce and cheese. Top with shaved parmesan. Bake 45 minutes, until top is bubbly and browned. I hope your family enjoys this as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment