Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blueberry Chicken Feta Salad


I've been making chicken salad on Sunday for the last couple weeks, then having it for lunch at work for the week.  Last week, I made my curry chicken salad which only gets better later in the week!  This week, I thought I'd take advantage of the last of the berries and make a Blueberry Chicken Feta Salad.  I may end up eating it all tonight and not having anything for lunch for the next week!


Blueberry Chicken Feta Salad
adapted from Pioneer Woman
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup blueberries
3/4 cup corn, fresh or frozen
1/2 red onion, chopped
3-4 stalks celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 tsp dill weed
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup mayonnaise
salt
pepper

Method:
Pound chicken breast until flat.  Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breast.  Grill chicken until finished, set aside to cool.  Chop onion and celery.  In a large bowl, add blueberries, corn, onion and celery.  Dice chicken into small pieces.  Add chicken and dill to the bowl.  Mix in greek yogurt and mayonnaise until combined.  Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment