Friday, July 8, 2011

S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches

Last weekend, my son wanted s'mores while we were on vacation.  Between being out site seeing in the Sierras and not wanting to fire up the gas grill, it didn't happen!  This week, back at home, it was HOT, HOT, HOT!  I didn't want to stand over a grill or oven of any kind!  Instead of S'mores, this is what I came up with!

S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
2 cups 1/2 and 1/2
2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used 3/4 cup semi-sweet and 3/4 cup bittersweet)
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (I used organic ones)
2 squares graham crackers
In ice cream maker, mix milks and sugar according to the directions on your ice cream maker.  As the ice cream begins to freeze, slowly add chocolate chips and marshmallows.  Continue to churn for about 15 minutes.  Freeze in freezer for 1-2 hours.  To make sandwiches, scoop ice cream onto graham crackers and make into a sandwich.  This is a great hot day treat!


I'm linking to Sweet Tooth Friday and  Sweets For a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment