Sunday, September 20, 2009

Raspberry Granola Pancakes

When my husband and I were dating, we used to go to a place in Salinas, CA (where he lived) called Great Awakenings. One morning, I tried these and fell in love. Living an hour away now, its not practical to drive down there when I get a craving for Sunday breakfast. So, today I made them from scratch! I have decided that making pancakes from scratch is just as easy as pulling out the old bisquick box. I started with a basic pancake recipe (and made some plain ones for the teenager) then added my own touches. They take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes, but they were really yummy!

Basic pancake recipe:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (I use cinnamon I purchased at the local farmer's market)
  • 1/2 cup granola (I used galaxy granola raspberry flavor- its low-fat and very yummy)
  • 1 small basket raspberries
Mix together all ingredients except milk and melted butter


Add milk and melted butter and mix well


Stop here and cook on griddle if you aren't adding granola and raspberries.

Add raspberries and granola and mix well. I needed to add about 1/4 more milk at this point.


Mix well.

Grill on your electric grill or in a pan on the stove. Serve with sausage (if desired) and maple syrup.


They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment