Saturday, September 26, 2009

This is how the day ended...

We had friends over this afternoon and I cooked up a storm! Its been so long since I have gotten to entertain, and I really enjoyed cooking and pampering my family and our guests today I did all the prep work, and my awesome hubby and my friend's husband manned the grill with beers in hand! When I went up to put my son to bed, my husband cleaned up the kitchen.

First,I made Bobby Flay's homemade BBQ sauce for our grilled flank steak



Then, I made Jamaican Jerk Shrimp...

3 tbsp olive oil
2 pinches coarse salt
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp jamaican jerk seasoning
pepper to taste
1 lb large prawns peeled and deveined
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl to make a paste.

Dip prawns in sauce and lay on dish.
Grill 2-3 minutes until prawns just turn opaque and pink.


We grilled vegetables too:
4 small zucchini slices lengthwise
2 yellow squash, sliced thin
2 bell peppers sliced lengthwise and deseeded
2 portabella mushrooms sliced thin
2 pinches coarse salt
8 leaves basil, sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
olive oil
Slice all vegetables and place in a bowl
sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix with basil and 2 drizzles of olive oil
Let the vegetables sit for about an hour, uncovered on the counter.

Wrap in tin foil and grill 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender, but still firm.

And for the finale, I made chocolate cream pie with homemade whipped cream!


We had wine and mojitos to finish it off! Everything was so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment