Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some of my favorite things

We don't do meatless mondays, but I always try to add a meatless meal (or 2) to my weekly menu plan.  This looks like a great website, and I want to try this one, maybe next week... Pasta Primavera

This morning, I made waffles and added 1/4 cup almonds and about 1 tsp of almond extract.  I wished I had some raspberries to make a raspberry puree for the top, but alas, I have to wait until next time!

Yesterday, I got to head back to my husband's home town for a stop at a couple places I LOVE.  One was the spice store Gold Leaf Tea and Spices.  I picked up my favorite Ancho Chili Powder and some cinnamon.  I also got a sample of their smoked paprika.  I will try it soon and let you know how it is!  They have a tea of the month club starting soon.  I think I may just have to join!

Oh, and I've been meaning to mention my new favorite store to shop in.  They've opened 2 nearby, which might not be a good thing!  Besides cooking, I love clothes and shoes!  My new find, thanks to The Pioneer Woman, is Francesca's.  I love that store!  I recently got this top and some adorable earrings that are not pictured on the site right now.  I am a lover of Anthropologie, but I love Francesca's more!  They have the same style as Anthropologie, but less expensive!  I can by 2 tops and a pair of earrings for the same price as one top at Anthro!  They have tons of tops and adorable jewelry!  I feel like I can try out new looks because I'm not investing a whole bunch of money .  Everything I have gotten there I love, and I really want to go get this soon, but alas, I probably shouldn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment