Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baked Garlic Fries and Weekly Menu

I love garlic fries, but I hate to think about how many calories I am ingesting when I order them when we're out.  This is my version that I make at home.  I make either these or sweet potato fries at least every other week.

4-6 yukon gold potatoes, washed and cut into strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
3-5 garlic cloves, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons italian parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  
Wash and cut potatoes.  Drizzle olive oil on potatoes, then add garlic, salt and pepper.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are soft and begin to brown around the edges.  When they come out of the oven, add parsley and parmesan.  Enjoy!  

Photobucket

Breakfast:
homemade granola
homemade english muffins
cereal
frozen waffles
fruit

Lunches:
sandwiches
wraps
leftovers
salad

Dinner:
Sunday: Flank Steak with Sun-dried Tomatoes and goat cheese with parmesan baked cauliflower
Monday: Root Vegetable Pot Pie
Wednesday: ravioli with homemade tomato sauce
Thursday: {the teen}'s birthday.  My stepson turns 18 today.  We're headed down to my in-law's for dinner
Friday: Homemade pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment