Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tomato and Chorizo Salad and Menu Plan

A couple weeks ago, I was watching the Food Network, and Jamie Oliver Came on.  Jamie is truly inspired, in my mind, when it come to cooking!  I love his dishes and the way he mixes flavors.  When I saw him make this, I knew I had to make it.  My husband LOVES chorizo.  Its one of the things he loves, but I rarely make. I had the leftovers for a snack a couple days later and it was just as good!  Let me know what you think.


olive oil
2 links chorizo, sliced roughly
1 basket cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
1 large tomato, cut into bite-sized pieces
salt
pepper
2 tbsp. italian parsley
2 green onions, sliced thin (white part and some of the green)
2-3 tbsp. white wine vinegar

Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto a pan and cook chorizo until crispy.  Meanwhile, slice vegetables and add to a salad bowl.  Season with salt and pepper, olive oil, and white wine vinegar, add vinegar a tablespoon at a time and taste before adding the next one.   When the chorizo is crispy, add it to the salad.  I served this right away, but it was delicious cold too.

Photobucket

Breakfast:
cereal
homemade granola and yogurt
english muffins

Lunch:
leftovers
sandwiches
homemade chicken strips

Dinner:
Sunday: Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells  (Giada De Laurentis)
Tuesday: Baked Ziti with Proscuitto and Peas (I'm basing this on a recipe from my new favorite cookbook, but I'm lightening the sauce)
Wednesday: Pesto and Mozzarella Panini and roasted cauliflower
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: Homemade pizza
Saturday: We'll probably eat out because we will be out all day.  We have baseball and our huge school fundraiser.

I'll be linking to:


Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. There's lot of yummy meals planned this week.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christy,
    Your menu for the week looks great. Tomato and Chorizo Sausage Salad looks delicious. That is a very different combination that would taste so good. I will have to give it a try. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete