Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baked Asparagus Fries and Menu Plan

I'm always looking for new ways to cook vegetables.  Last week when my Fine Cooking magazine arrived, I was very excited to see a recipe for asparagus fries.  I was not so excited to see that they were fried in oil.  I played with the recipe a little and made them healthier.  These were a huge hit with our family!

Baked Asparagus Fries
1 pound asparagus, cut with tips to 2 1/2-3 inch "fries"
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
2 cups bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cover asparagus with egg whites, then cover with bread crumbs.  Lay on baking sheet.  Cook for 20-25 minutes until bread crumbs are golden brown and asparagus is tender, but still crispy.

Serve with your favorite spicy chipotle aioli.


Menu Plan:
Sunday: Whole Wheat Pasta with Homemade Pesto
Monday: Orzo with Sausage, Peppers and Tomatoes
Tuesday: BBQ Chicken and pineapple quesadillas
Wednesday:  Pepperocini and Beef Sandwiches
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: We are off on a family trip

Breakfast:
Homemade English Muffins
Homemade granola

I'll be linking to Menu Plan MondayMouthwathering MondayTempt My Tummy Tuesday Tuesday's Tasty TidbitsWhat's on the Menu WednesdayFull Plate Thursday, and What's for Dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment