Monday, June 20, 2011

Honey Almond Granola and Menu Plan

Granola is one of my favorite breakfasts!  It fills me up, helps be start my day, and tastes great.  About 4 months ago, I tarted looking at recipes and decided to try my hand at making my own.  The great thing about homemade granola is once you get the ratios down, you can add flavor in any way that you like!  Let me know what way you like it when you try it.

Honey Almond Granola
8 cups uncooked rolled oats
2 cups sliced almonds
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put oats and almonds in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, mix together oil, honey, cinnamon, almond extract, and vanilla extract.  Drizzle honey mixture over oat and nut mixture.  Spread oats over a cookie sheet in one layer.  Cook at 350 degrees for one hour, turning with a spatula every 15 minutes.  Allow to cool.  Store in an airtight container.  I find its delicious for about 2 weeks.



Breakfast:
Honey Almond Granola
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Egg Sandwiches
Cereal

Dinner:
Monday:  Grilled Chicken Caesar Wraps
Tuesday:  Tri-Tip Pasta Salad
Thursday: Grilled Chicken and Summer Squash Salad
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Dinner Out


No comments:

Post a Comment