Saturday, August 13, 2011

Garlic-Parmesan Pizza Dough and Menu Plan

We have pizza and movie night every Friday, which you know if you read my blog with any regularity.  I've experimented with many different pizza dough recipes.  I finally decided to experiment and make one of my own.  This is what I came up with and my family loves it!



Garlic Parmesan Pizza Dough
1 1/2 cup luke warm water
1 tsp dry yeast
1 Tbsp  honey
2 cups unbleached white flour
2 cups whole wheat white flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp parmesan
1 clove garlic

Preheat over to 500 degrees
Add yeast and honey to warm water and allow to sit until bubbles form on the top of the mixture (about 5 minutes).  Place flour and remaining ingredients in mixing bowl.  Add yeast mixture.  Blend on medium in kitchen aid mixer with hook until combined and dough forms a ball.

Allow to rise for 1-2 hours.  I've let it rise all afternoon and it seems to be alright.

Top with your favorite cheese and toppings and bake 8-10 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.



This week, I'm back to work.  I'm trying to go back to simpler meals so that when I come home from work, I don't have a lot of prep to do!  First graders will wear you out!

Sunday: Beef Brisket with veggies and Cheese Biscuits
Monday: Chicken Cordon Blue Sandwiches and sweet potato fries
Tuesday: Dinner out
Wednesday: Macaroni and Cheese
Thursday: Veggie Quesadillas and Spicy Bean and Corn Salad
Friday: Pizza and movie night










I'll be linking to Menu Plan MondayMouthwathering MondayTempt My Tummy Tuesday Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits,  At the Table TuesdaysWhat's on the Menu WednesdayFull Plate Thursday, and What's for Dinner?


No comments:

Post a Comment