Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Favorite Brisket and Menu Plan

I started making this brisket recipe about 10 years ago.  Its a great meal to make on a lazy Sunday when you're just hanging out at home.  We've had a very cool summer, so this was perfect last Sunday when my son and I were just hanging out together at the house.

My Favorite Brisket
1 2-3lb. brisket
1 jar chili sauce (some day I will make my own, I usually use store bought)
10-12 small red potatoes, cut in half
2 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Salt and pepper outside of the brisket.
Place brisket in roasting pan.  Add potatoes around meat.  Top with chili sauce.
Bake 21/2-3 hours, until brisket is tender . If you're using a larger cut of meat, you will have to add cooking time)



Dinners:
Sunday: Peach-Whiskey Barbeque Chicken and parmesan baked zucchini
Monday: Pork and Fontina Sandwiches
Tuesday: Baked Camembert Pasta
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Baked Salmon Packets with pesto and Angel Hair
Friday: Homemade Pizza

Lunches:
Sandwiches
Salads
Pita and Hummus

Breakfast:
cereal
bagels
homemade english muffins




No comments:

Post a Comment