Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Soups On!

I can't believe how fast this year is going! Between our 3 day weekend trip and being back in school, I haven't had any time to blog. So much going on! I've been making soup this week. Its pouring rain here in CA, and I feel like we are going to end up sailing away soon. Better start that boat building.

Last night, we had a yummy white bean soup that I made in the crockpot. Monday evening, I placed my inner pot on the stove and added come panchetta. I let it cook for about 5 minutes. After it had browned, I added 1/2 an onion and 4 sliced carrots (about 1/4 inch thick) While that was cooking a little, I put the beans in water to soak over night. Once the onions were tender, (about 5 more minutes) I added in 2 boxes of free range chicken broth. I put the crock pot with all these ingredients back in the fridge. The next morning, I drained and rinsed the beans and added them to the pot. We got home around 5:30 and the house smelled delicious! I added a little fresh chili powder and made paninnis to go with it. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment