Sunday, February 21, 2010

So many breads, so little time!

I think I mentioned not too long ago that my much-loved mother-in-law is the person I go to with questions about cooking. She is awesome in the kitchen, and many of my loved special recipes come from her! I am so thankful for our friendship! Her latest cookbook suggestion to me was a book called Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day. I ended up purchasing their second edition, called Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. This book is my new favorite cookbook! I made the master loaf before we left for vacation, and baked bread before we left. Yesterday, we did a lunch for my husband's birthday, and I pulled out the remaining loaf and made garlic knots. When my dad sat down to eat, he asked where I bought them. "My oven" was the reply he got.

Before you rush out to get this book, (because I think you should)please understand its more like 5 minutes hands on time a day. It needs to rest about 30 minutes before you bake each recipe. That said, I'm thinking this is the best thing since sliced bread! I am going to back some sandwich bread today, and maybe make the broccoli and cheddar clovers for tomorrow's lunch. Then, there's sandwich rolls and the cinnamon crescent rolls with cream cheese icing. Oh, when will I have all this time to make all of them?! I'll keep you updated on my progress.

What is your latest cookbook find that you just can't wait to try everything in?

No comments:

Post a Comment