Sunday, April 11, 2010

Egg Dying (a little late!)

My son was at his dad's house last weekend for Easter. So, this weekend, we celebrated it at our house. We read the bible story of Easter this morning, dyed eggs on Friday afternoon with my friend and her 3 1/2 year old daughter and went on an Easter Egg Hunt. I'm not sure which my husband, stepson, and son liked best; the homemade cinnamon rolls or the Easter Egg Hunt. We're now watching The Prince of Egypt and listening to the rain outside helping my garden grow!

For egg dying, I used food coloring, vinegar, and warm water. The kids colored on them with crayons and dropped them in the dye. I bought some scrapbook punches and adhesive paper and had a little fun! I want to try it again and experiment with the dye colors. Maybe I'll blow some eggs and try it. I've always wanted an Easter Tree!






Here's a picture of the pure joy of son hunting for Easter eggs! (I couldn't resist)



And... Here's the cinnamon rolls from Pioneer Woman I halved the recipe, which I'm glad I did! It made 2 1/2 pans of yummy cinnamon rolls! My family already devoured a whole pan of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment