Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby Shower Gift

I went to a baby shower for my niece yesterday.  I made 2 burp cloths, and I lined a basket for her.  I thought I'd post the steps I took to line the basket.  It took all of an hour, and I had lots of fun.  I think my husband is afraid that he's going to come home and find everything in lined baskets!

 I'll start with the finished project.  My neighbor helped me wrap the basket.  I made 2 burp cloths.  The link is here
I also lined this basket for here.  I took pictures along the way, so I will share what I did!

 I used a grocery bag to make the pattern.  Lay the basket down and cut the bag, leaving an inch at the top and bottom.  I cut 2 sides, then cut the fabric on the fold so I had one continuous piece of fabric with one opening.  Cut 2.
 Pin at the fold and cut out your strip.
 Trace the bottom of the basket, leaving about 1/2 inch border around the edge for seams.
 Sew pieces together, right sides together.  On bottom, leave an opening about 1 1/2 inches so you can turn in right side out.  Press seams.
 Sew side seam so you have a continuous circle of fabric.

Pin and sew turned bottom to top.

Voila!  All done, and it turned out so cute.  I think I will make a few more, now where can I put them?  Let's see...
I linked up here...

2 comments:

  1. love this!! I wish I had more room to make some baskets for myself!! I can picture those going anywhere. just change the fabric :) Thanks so much for linking up to Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! The basket looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete