Friday, September 17, 2010

Baby gifts


  Two  of my closest friends are pregnant with their second or third babies right now.  We've been through so much together, its like they're sisters.  I wanted to do something really special for these friends.  I found a tutorial on-line for handmade burp cloths using cloth diapers.  I had to make them!

I went to Target and bought the Gerber cloth diapers.  The tri-fold ones are the best.  Then I went to the fabric store and picked out ribbon and fabric.  I was in heaven choosing girlie fabric, my life is filled with trains, airplanes, robots, sports, and karate monkeys (more on the monkeys very soon!)

The tri-fold diapers have a panel down the middle.  I measured the fabric to cover the panel.  I ironed a 1/4 inch seam one all 4 sides.

Turn and iron fabric
Ironed sides

Next, pin fabric and ribbon (rights sides facing out)  I forgot to take a picture of this step, sorry!

Sew around pressed and pinned sides, turning ribbon under at the end.

Here's the finished project:







Here's the original link that I found: http://anewchelseamorning.blogspot.com/2007/03/such-mystery-not.html

Today, I was at a baby store with the friend I made these for and we saw some where the diapers were died some beautiful colors.  For my other friend, due in February, I think I will try that!  She's having a boy, so it's back to trains, dinosaurs, robots, and spaceships in the boy section again!

Have you done anything clever for friends' 2nd or 3rd baby?


No comments:

Post a Comment