Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kitchen Cupboard Cookies




On Tuesday, my god-daughter was over for the evening.  Between getting dinner on the table and supervising homework and shower for my little man, I wanted to make cookies as a treat for everyone. My first choice was to make these, but I didn't have everything I needed, so this is what I ended up with:

Kitchen Cupboard Cookies

3 eggs
1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy since that's what I had, but crunchy would be delicious!)
1 stick butter, at room temperature
6-8 girl scout thin mint cookies, broken into quarters
3/4 cup chocolate chips
4 cups old fashioned oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 cup flour (I used a mix of white and whole wheat flour)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together eggs and sugars with mixer until smooth.  Add salt, baking powder, sugar, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter, mix until combined.  Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.  Drop onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.  Remove to cooling rack.  Enjoy, but be careful, these are addictive!


I linked to Sweet Tooth Friday and Sweets for a Saturday




1 comment: