Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Time for Prayer

Many of us are feeling in shock and helpless from seeing all the destruction over in Japan.  Its hard to imagine what they are going through sifting through all the damage, loss and hurt.

My rector at church sent this prayer out to our parish this morning and I wanted to share.  The prayer brought tears to my eyes as I read it.  I hope this inspires you to pray for Japan and its people.

O God, our great protector and source of strength to meet any challenge. Watch over the people of Japan during this time of recovery, shock, and grief. Hold them as they experience extraordinary feelings of loss and hopelessness. As we learn more about the effects of the earthquake,  inspire us and others to surround them in prayer and love and to support them as generously as we can.  Bless Japan with courage, strength, and perseverance as they assess, recover the dead, feed the homeless, clear the destruction, and rebuild its communities. In Christ's name we pray. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! By the way, my best friend lives in San Jose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I really liked this prayer, it really touched me.

    ReplyDelete