Monday, March 21, 2011

Time for a Cup of Tea

Hi! Thanks for coming over for a coffee break.  I think I'll have a cup of cinnamon cookie tea with frothed milk.  What would you like?  Before you can even sit down, I have to share that my baby boy turns 7 today.  I might even have to whip out pictures so you can see him 7 years ago, and now.  Its so hard to believe how fast he's growing up!  Tonight, he has specifically asked for mommy's macaroni and cheese for dinner.  Then we are heading over to Cheesecake Factory for birthday dessert!




I'd also have to tell you that I'm emotionally spent right now.  Nothing major is going on, just a lot of little things and I'm exhausted.  I feel like I have a lot of things that need to be done NOW, and I feel like I'm drowning in it all.  Part of it could be the rain, part of it could be the fact that I'm going on week #2 that one of my BFFs has been in Europe for a week and there's still a week to go.  This is my friend who I text when I'm feeling overwhelmed, frustrated or just need to vent. I know I can make it another week, its just tough not having her around!  As for the things I need to get done, I'm taking it one day at time and one task at a time.  It will all get done, or if it doesn't, the world will not end!

I'm hoping to get some baking in this week so I can decompress and spend a little time relaxing.  I got some cinnamon chips and some cappuccino chips from King Arthur Flour a week and a half ago and I want to get creative and make some yummy treats for my family.

As we continue to to sip our tea, I'll ask how your week is going.  Is there anything weighing on you right now?  Do you have a friend who keeps you on track on those harder days?  Are you planning to do any baking this week?

For another cup, head to Lucky13 or Grey Umbrella.  Have a great week, let's make a date for next week!


2 comments:

  1. Cinnamon cookie tea?? That sounds amazing!! I love tea. I am equal parts a tea and coffee drinker, just depends on my mood. I know what you mean about feeling exhausting with so many things to do, but feeling so overwhelmed you don't even know where to start! I try to make lists to organize my thoughts and tasks but it doesn't always work. Happy birthday to your son!! And do you post your recipes on your blog? I love new recipes :)

    Thanks for tea, enjoy the birthday celebration and have a wonderful week!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about missing BFFs. My BFF I used to talk to at least twice a week I've heard from twice since we moved to Thailand nearly 4 months ago. She's a busy momma with a full-time job, and classes and kids, and with the time difference, it's just too hard to connect. She used to just snag 20 minutes during her drive home from work because that was all the time she had and we made it work. But now it's tough and I miss her like crazy. Hope the time passes quickly until your friend returns!

    ReplyDelete