Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crockpot Vinegar Pulled Pork and Menu Plan

Last week, I ended up being home again with my little man, be was sick.  After a trip to the doctor to make sure it wasn't strep, I decided that since I was going to be home all day, I'd do something special for dinner.  Not only did I come up with this delicious recipe, but I also got the counter cleaned off and started on my desk!  Even though I wasn't working in my classroom for Spring Open House (which came together on Thursday anyway), I got a lot done around the house while my little guy recuperated by watching movies and playing with Legos)




Crockpot Vinegar Pulled Pork

1 lean pork tenderloin
1/2 cup high quality Cabernet Vinegar (You may need more if you have a large pork tenderloin, mine was only 3.5 lbs)
8-12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
6-8 basil leaves, shredded
1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
1 pinch salt

Cook in crockpot for 6 hours on low.  Serve as sandwiches.  I used Ciabatta bread.  










Menu Plan:
Dinners-
Sunday- Corn Chowder
Monday- Fettuccine with Broccoli Rabe and grilled Chicken
Tuesday- Steak Salad with Basil Dressing
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Dinner out, its my birthday!
Friday- Homemade pizza

Lunches:
Wraps
Sandwiches
Leftovers

Breakfast:
homemade granola
cereal
chocolate chip muffins

Snacks:
veggies with hummus or peanut butter
fruit
Pirate's Bootie
Popcorn

I'll be linking to Menu Plan MondayMouthwathering MondayTempt My Tummy Tuesday Tuesday's Tasty TidbitsWhat's on the Menu WednesdayFull Plate Thursday, and What's for Dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment