Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This week's menu plan

Photobucket

Yesterday, we had my closest friends over for our 4th annual BBQ.  Usually, my birthday falls right around Memorial Day.  A few years ago, my girlfriends asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday.  I told them that I wanted to have everyone over and BBQ and hang out.  Our kids are all the right ages, and they have a blast together!  Its such a gift to have friends like that.  In my book, that's all I want!  Hanging out with friends and family and just being together.

Its also funny to think of the first time we had this official annual BBQ, and my husband and I always chuckle about this.  Hubby and I met on-line.  We emailed back and forth for about a month, then finally decided to chat on the phone.  One of my girlfriends is famous for her cosmos.  Not only are they delicious, but they are STRONG! We all partook in the yummy cosmos and the adult girls were driven home by husbands.  I decided just to put my son to bed and head that way myself.  Just as I was heading to bed, the phone rang.  It was Nick, and I let it go to voice mail!  My poor husband, had to wait a couple more nights to hear my voice!  It all worked out in the end, but he loves to tease me about that one! Today, we've been married 10 months.  I am one happy girl!

Its also the end of the school year.  I am so busy right now trying to wrap everything up at work, but I am really looking forward to the end!

Tuesday: bagel dogs (homemade pizza dough, wrapped around hot dogs left over from the BBQ)

Wednesday: leftover hamburgers

Thursday: This sounded really good a couple of weeks back when I was surfing for some new wing recipes.  Since I can't stand eating meat off the bone, I will either just get the tenders at the store today, or I will cut up the chicken breasts-depends on price!

Friday- I'll be out for the evening with some moms from school.  Not sure what the boys are going to do!

Saturday- Cauliflower Soup

That's all I have for this week!  Have a great week :)  Go here to see other meal options!

No comments:

Post a Comment