Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I digress...

I am taking a break from food posting, and wanted to share something about me. I started running about 6 weeks ago, and I'm loving it! I am doing the Couch to 5k program and it feels so good to be outside and do my exercise, even in the cold weather. I just registered myself for the Mermaid Run in Mountain View in April. I signed up for the 10k, since I will have 2-3 5ks under my belt by then. I am so excited to be doing this! I'm running the 5k Resolution run in my hometown on New Year's Day. My son is so excited, because I signed him up for the kids' run after my race. I think the week after Christmas, we'll go to the track a few times and he can practice running a longer distance. He's definitely a short distance runner, so fast! I never thought I would be a runner, p until about 2 months ago, I hated it! To be able to accomplish these things at almost 40, what a rush!

What do you do for yourself that makes you feel great? What exercises give you that feeling where you keep wanting to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment