Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BBQ pork sandwiches (crock pot)

I'm a terrible blogger!  I forgot to take pictures of dinner last night.  It was karate night, and we are running frantic from the time we get home until I get my son to bed.  I hope you all will forgive me.  Here is my BBQ pork sandwich recipe.  My husband wanted another sandwich, but said he had no room in his tummy.  My stepson ate his (he's not a huge fan of pork) and my son loved it too!

Chili BBQ pork sandwiches

2 lbs pork tenderloin
2 tbs. high quality chili powder
1 tbs coarse salt
1 16 oz can tomato sauce
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup water

Rinse and pat dry pork tenderloin. Season both sides of the tenderloin with chili powder and coarse salt. Place the seasoned tenderloin in the bottom of the crock pot.  Add shredded carrots.  Pour can of tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce over the tenderloin.   Cook on low for 6 hours.  Mine sat on warm for quite a while and was delicious and tender.  This is definitely a do over!  I served it with baked sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment