Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Off to the Nursery

Today is a big day in my school district. There is a parent group trying to raise $3 Million dollars to combat the enormous cuts the state has imposed. They are more than half-way there already. With that and the furlough days we are (hopefully) taking as teachers, the 150 teachers who were laid off will be reinstated. This parent group has done an amazing job! Today, many businesses in our city are donating a portion of their profits to the effort. So, my little man and I are off the the nursery after school today to buy plants! I want to get some cucumbers, a few more strawberries, cucumbers and zucchini, cilantro and lettuce, and depending on how much I've spent, I may pick out a lavender and a new rose for the front. We'll see how much I actually get to purchase! I'll keep you posted.

What are you planting in your garden this year? Anything new?

No comments:

Post a Comment