Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chicken Taquitos

Last week, I put this recipe on the menu.  When I went to make dinner on Wednesday, I decided I wasn't in the mood for creamy filling.  So, this is my taquito recipe.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
1 pkg corn tortillas
olive oil

Cover chicken breast with chili powder and salt.  I used my panini press to grill the chicken.  The chicken should be completely cooked through.   Tear up chicken and add to mixing bowl, set aside.  In small frying pan, add olive oil and saute chopped onion until soft and aromatic.  Mix together chicken, cheese, cilantro and cheese.  I use this method (look at step 3) to make the tortillas soft and easy to roll and assemble. Roll filling into tortillas and bake in baking dish for 12-15 minutes at 450.

Serve wirh salsa, sour cream, or Cilantro lime dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment