Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

I consider myself a pretty good cook. When I was a single mom, I cooked most nights in my miniscule kitchen and turned out some pretty good meals. Now, I have a MUCH bigger kitchen, and I'm cooking for twice as many almost every night! I find I tend to make more elaborate meals. As a mom, I want to introduce as few artificial ingredients into my family as possible. My step-son has some pretty severe food reactions and I am convinced many of them are because of artificial flavors, colors, and additives. So, when I make macaroni and cheese (which my son thinks is the best thing ever) I buy white cheddar in the block and use this...Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 9-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless

My mother-in-law got it for me as a wedding gift. She's my mother-in-law from my first marriage, and I love her! I've mentioned her here before. She says no kitchen should be without one. After having one for about 6 months, I completely agree! I can grate cheese in seconds. I can make homemade pesto, and this summer I hope to use it to make homemade salsa. I can make a mean pie crust for holiday pies. I agree with Grandma Beth, this is one thing your kitchen should not be without!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment