Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gifts for Boys

A week or 2 ago, I posted pictures and instructions on homemade gifts for girls.  This week, I'm posting some gifts for boys I whipped up.


I used old crayons from my classroom.  My son and I peeled off all of the paper.  I purchased some foil muffin tins that I cut apart and created a make-shift double broiler.   


 Once the crayons were melted, I poured the wax into the molds.  Sine it was winter, I didn't have to put them into the fridge to harden.  If you're doing this in the summer, the fridge will be your best bet to get the wax to harden.
Here's the finished product!  I love how they have multiple colors.  There are so many options with these!


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this idea as a gift! I actually have molds all ready and old crayons. How did you package them up? I am thinking this might be great for party favors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tied them into Christmas gift bags. The boys were so excited! I've also made soap in the same way. I made penguin soaps for favors for my son's 3rd birthday.

    ReplyDelete