Friday, September 10, 2010

And so I bake!

Isn't there an old saying that goes when the going gets tough, the tough get to baking?!

Earlier this week, I was browsing The Pioneer Woman and stumbled on her brownie recipe.  I sent my stepson across the street to get some chocolate chips and baked us up some of the most delicious brownies I think I have ever tasted!  She doesn't have her recipe on her blog (you have to buy her book) but let me tell you, these brownies are worth buying the book for!  My husband even told me that he thought they were the best he'd ever tasted, and let me tell you, my husband knows his sweets!

Tonight, I decided I wanted home-baked hamburger buns for our sloppy joes, so I made these.  I'm not sure if it was the hamburger buns or my homemade sloppy joes, but it tasted amazing!  I had seconds.   I think I need to make a couple batches of these and freeze them.  I never want to buy hamburger buns at the store again!  I made a few with sesame seeds on top and a few with coarse salt.  I loved the salty ones.  The recipe was easy to follow and very easy to make.  I hope you enjoy!

What do you do to de-stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment