Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sometimes, it all falls apart!

Last night, the stress from being back at work, a messy house, and trying to manage everything for everybody made me blow my top.  My stepson brought the garbage bins back into the house because he didn't know why they were outside (um, its Tuesday, the day we take them out), the messy house finally got to me, I had piles of laundry to fold, pets who would not leave me alone in the kitchen, and a floor that needs to be scoured.  I had it up to my ears or maybe my eyes.  Unfortunately, my wonderful husband got the brunt of my frustration.  I probably looked like a volcano blowing up!

When I'm home in the summer, I think I do a pretty good job of keeping up with the housework.  When I go back to work, between kids, dinner, homework, and everything else, the house loses.

I think I am going to hire someone to come in every other week and clean the bathrooms, the floors, and the windows.  I'm hoping it will relieve my stress and keep my husband from being out of the line of fire!

How do you cope with being overwhelmed with household chores?

No comments:

Post a Comment